[tex-live] non-interactive installation?

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sun Jun 29 02:36:42 CEST 2008

Artemio Gonzalez Lopez writes:
 > I'm trying to write a bash script for non-interactive installation of
 > TeXLive, along the following lines
 >
 > # /bin/bash
 > export TEXMFHOME=~/Library/texmf
 > export TEXDIR=/usr/local/texlive/$(date +'%F')
 > echo i | sudo .../install-tl

The only reason for a non-interactive installation is that you have to
install TeX Live on many machines.  The recommended procedure is:

  1. Install TL on one machine.

  2. Copy the file <installdir>/tlpkg/texlive.profile to your USB stick.

  3. Run install-tl -profile /path/to/texlive.profile on all the
     other machines.

BTW, you can adapt texlive.profile to your needs by either using a
text editor or a shell script.  The only limitation is that you have
to know what you are doing.  But adding something like '$(date +'%F')'
should be doable.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25