[tex-live] non-interactive installation?

Artemio Gonzalez Lopez artemio at fis.ucm.es
Sun Jun 29 00:52:20 CEST 2008

I'm trying to write a bash script for non-interactive installation of
TeXLive, along the following lines

# /bin/bash
export TEXMFHOME=~/Library/texmf
export TEXDIR=/usr/local/texlive/$(date +'%F')
echo i | sudo .../install-tl

This used to work just fine in TeXLive 2007, but now the script's
variables ($TEXMFHOME, $TEXDIR, etc.) are not picked up by install-tl.
Could somebody instruct me as to how to pass these variables to
install-tl? By the way, I tried to use the current guide in texmf-doc,
but it's awfully outdated (it's still the January 2007 version).

Thanks everybody,

Artemio Gonzalez-Lopez
email:    artemio at fis.ucm.es