[tex-live] non-interactive installation?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Jun 29 19:49:38 CEST 2008

    rk> The only reason for a non-interactive installation is that you
    have to install TeX Live on many machines.

I disagree that that is the only reason.  Non-interactive installations
are easier to document, easier to explain to friends, easier to work
into other scripts, and so on.  I like them.  Anyway.

Artemio, obviously we did not try to preserve the old installer's
behavior of inheriting environment variables.  (I did not actually know
it did that; doesn't seem like such a great thing, actually.)

So, you'll need to do the whole thing as a here document, including
setting the directories, <r>eturning to the main menu, etc.  That's what
I always did for my testing.

Best,
Karl