[protext] ProText and Windows ME

Dr. Henry Makowitz Hmakowitz at GoBigWest.com
Sun Mar 9 11:33:33 CET 2008

Sirs,

Will ProText install and work on a Windows ME System ??

I am using Windows ME, and a HP 7855 Pavilion PC Desktop
PC (old machine but reliable ).. The Explorer is Ver. 6.0.2800....

Note that since ProText includes MiKTeX there may be a problem
with ME. ( depends on the MiKTeX version in ProText )

> I do not know what to tell you about MiKTeX and ME.......
> Re:
>
> Downloading and Installing MiKTeX 2.7
> What's new
> Please read the release notes, before you install MiKTeX 2.7.
> Special considerations
> The following Windows platforms are supported:
> Windows Vista
> Windows Server 2003
> Windows XP
> Windows 2000
> Please note that MiKTeX 2.7 does not work on legacy Windows systems > (Windows  9x/Me/NT).
>
> http://www.miktex.org/2.7/Setup.aspx

Best,
HM