[protext] A Quick Question

Thomas Feuerstack Thomas.Feuerstack at FernUni-Hagen.de
Fri Feb 22 13:28:39 CET 2008

Hi,

وفا خلیقی (Vafa Khalighi) schrieb:
> I just downloaded the new release of PreTeXt and it was magnificent, I
> really would like to thank Mr.  Thomas Feuerstack from the
> bottom of my heart.

Thank you for the flowers :-)

> I just had a few question:
> 1- Are you considering any alternatives to TeXnicCenter since it seems
> to not being updated anymore?

I'm afraid we can't come arround this for the coming releases. Perhaps
Texmaker (http://www.xm1math.net/texmaker/) is a good alternative
(although i'm not sure if it is also still supported).

The coming editor should be easy to install and needn't to be
postconfigured to work with MiKTeX.

> 2- I just compiled the LaTeX file that generates the installation pdf
> file, can you tell me how to make left and right margins the same
> (currently the left margine is too empty).

I'm not quite sure what you mean. The fact that the left margin is wider
than the right one depends on the layout which is brought by the used
refman/refrep-class. Try to use article/report instead, it should
produce more balanced margins.

> 3-  Is there any English version of this website
> http://www.aidshilfe-hagen.de/ so I can give back something to the
> support Aids organisation.

Unfortunately not for the moment. Furthermore i found that its quite
difficult to give donations from outside of Germany. While i'm out of
office the next two weeks, please give me a short note if you're still
interested doing a small share - i will think about a way for a transfer
in the meantime.

Thanks for your response ;-) Thomas