[protext] reply to answer to query

Antoine Gualtierotti argual at bluewin.ch
Tue Oct 25 14:12:54 CEST 2005

Hello Sir!

Thank you very much for answering my query. Here is what I did:

1. Following your hint I opened the Dos command window in WinEdt.
   I got c:\book1.
   I then typed as instructed  latex test.tex and got the following
answer (translated
   from French):
   latex is not recognized as an internal or external command, nor as an
executable program
   nor as a file of commands
2. I searched for files named latex (there are quite a few), tried to go
in the corresponding
   directory and tried the latex test.tex command with the same result
as in 1.

I have Windows XP and installed the system from the pdf booklet "An
entire TEX environment"
(Click here to install ... ) according to which WinEdt gets installed
after MikTex has been. However I had to wait before I could try the
system as I had to get a WinEdt licence. Installation went without a
glitch.

The impression I have is that there is a mismatch between what the
installation says it does and
what happens with the system as the latter does not seem to find the
appropriate files, but I
am no computer expert and may be totally wrong!

I hope you can help as I am an intensive user of latex. Best regards.
Antonio Gualtierotti