[pdftex] Two /Creator or /Producer entries

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de
Tue Oct 1 11:16:31 CEST 2002

Hello,

there is a thread in comp.text.tex,
subject: problem with PDFTeX and hyperref

Dan Luecking <luecking at uark.edu> wrote:

> >Why are there 2 /Creator objects in the resulting PDF Info dictionary?
> >It is interfering with another application I'm using to encrypt the file.
> >The PDF spec indicates this shouldn't happen.
> >
> >Has anyone else experienced this?
>
> Must be new with pdftex 1.10. pdftex 1.00b doesn't set the
> /Creator field. I guess hyperref will have to be updated so as
> not to add its own /Creator field.

It should be possible to set the /Creator field, so I consider
this as bug of pdfTeX and not as problem of hyperref.
With version 1.00b I get two /Producer entries.

I think, the user (packages, ...) are responsible that not
many entries are given for the same key in \pdfinfo.
But if some keys are used in \pdfinfo, then pdfTeX
should suppress its own.

Back to the problem with the encrypting application:
For example, a small program can be written that
overwrites the wrong entry with spaces. (The size
must not change because of the xref table.)

Yours sincerely
  Heiko <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de>