[OS X TeX] Can only get TeXLive to see ~user/Library/texmf if logged in as admin

Richard Koch koch at math.uoregon.edu
Mon May 21 01:26:22 CEST 2007

Luci,

I just tested this on my machine, which has TeX Live 2007 installed
from MacTeX.
I created a new account without admin privileges. I typeset a small
file which used
a bst file and a bib file. Bibtex refused to do its job, claiming
that it could not find
the two files.

Then I created

	~/Library/texmf/bibtex/bib    and   ~/Library/texmf/bibtex/bst

and put the two files in the appropriate directories. Bibtex found
the files and
the document typeset fine.

Could you provide more details. How did you install TeX Live? What is in
~/Library/texmf which cannot be found?

Dick Koch
koch at math.uoregon.edu