[OS X TeX] BBEdit and TeXShop - pointers?

mark oilcan markoilcan at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 3 17:09:19 CET 2005

--- Johan AlAlmqvistjojohanlalmqvistet> wrote:

> Hej
>
> I'm new to the list and should maybe give you a short intro. I've
> been
> using LaTeX on and off since 1997 (mostly on Linux) and Macs since
> 1989. I'm now starting to write my master's thesis and decided I'd do
>
> that on my Mac using LaTeX.

I'm not exactly clear what you're looking for precisely, but you can
use the same basic tools as on linux. That is, there are carbon version
of both emacs and xemacs, both of which have excellent support for
latex. Also, there is vim for the mac. Having come from both a un*x and
mac background also, my personal experience is that support for (la)tex
in traditional unix editors such as these (well, at least (x)emacs,
since that is what I use) far exceeds what is available on traditional
mac editors. (Which is logical since (la)tex has had widespread use on
unix much longer than on macs). Various builds of carbon emacs have
been mentioned on this list previously, and a simple google search can
lead you to mac vim.

MarkA

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>