[OS X TeX] BBEdit and TeXShop - pointers?

Wolter Rose whrose at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 22:19:12 CET 2005

> Also, I tried to hack up some AppleScript (quickly) myself, but that
> didn't work either: TeXShop either gives an error message
> (NSCannotCreateSciptCommandError) or simply doesn't do anything at all.
>
> I have searched the web for two days now (instead of writing my thesis)
> and haven't come up with anything really relevant. Have I missed
> anything? Or do I really need to start writing my own BBEdit plugin
> (instead of writing my thesis)?

I sent an AppleScript to this list which will work with any LaTeX
editor, but I am not sure whether this is what you are looking for.
Have a look and see if it works for you.

Wolter Rose

====== ====== ====== ====== ====== ======
You can use this AppleScript with **any LaTeX text editor** (e.g.,
SubEthaEdit, TeXShop, or TextWrangler).

One of the things that makes this script so useful is that it
**remembers your last command**, which is very useful when doing
repetitive tasks. It also allows you to use your mouse far less, since
it eliminates the need to go to the menu bar to select commands.

If you are familiar with AppleScript you can **edit the script**,
adding your own commands or altering existing ones.

Read the Mini Manual for more information.

Gary was so kind to put the script and a manual on the server (THANKS
GARY!). You can find the AppleScript and the Mini Manual at these urls
(if one of the urls is split over two lines convert it back to one
line and paste it in the address bar in your browser):

DOWNLOAD THE SCRIPT
http://www.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/LaTeXEditWizard/LaTeXEditWizard.zip

DOWNLOAD THE MINI MANUAL
http://www.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/LaTeXEditWizard/LaTeXEditWizardMiniManual.pdf