[OS X TeX] BBEdit and TeXShop - pointers?

Jason Davies ucgajpd at ucl.ac.uk
Thu Mar 3 13:49:21 CET 2005

>It does. Frankly, if you're  not doing HTML, I find it very hard to
>justify BBEdit over TW.

apart from the 'support small independent software company we don't want
to go under' factor. I don't think they are going under but I don't
think they are loaded with cash...:-)

Textwrangler began life as an attempt to make a little money out of the
BBEdit lite line - I assume that didn't work sothey made it free.
Previously the divide was greater - BBEdit Lite didn't support
Applescript, never mind HTML. Perhaps TW wil gradually fall behind
BBEdit's capabilities (Lite often had older engines than BBEdit for (eg)
grep). Nonetheless a free tool like TW is remarkable these days.
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>