[lucida] alle jahre wieder --- suggestions to improve http://tug.org/store/lucida/README-type1.txt

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Jul 23 23:25:10 CEST 2013

    What they describe is the "old-fashioned" way

And yet, the old-fashioned way is still supposed to work just fine,
which is why I did not change the instructions.  It's not clear to me
why it doesn't.  (I just got a private report from another customer on
the Mac with the same problem.  No weird ~/texmf-local in that case,
either.)

When I test the instructions myself, they work :(.  So frustrating.

    the -H option is not necessary

-H says to make $HOME be the usual home directory.  That might be the
default for sudo in the current MacOSX, but I don't think it was always
the case.  Thus, unless there is evidence that it can actually be
harmful, I prefer to leave it in.

Best,
karl