[ho-tex] updating URLs in oberdiek bundle

David Carlisle d.p.carlisle at gmail.com
Mon May 16 21:40:28 CEST 2016

On 16 May 2016 at 20:34, Petra Ruebe-Pugliese <petra at ctan.org> wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> On Monday 16 May 2016 at 19:55:18 +0100  David Carlisle (d.p.carlisle at gmail.com) wrote:
>> Petra wrote on an earlier update
>>
>>  I noted in the documentation a great many links starting with
>>  "ftp://ftp.ctan.org/tex-archive/".
>>
>   I hope I added some cautioning phrase, but I probably wasn't
>   explicit enough ...

Yoy were, but actually after changing those URL by hand for each of
the 5 or so packages I updated it seemed easier to script an update to
them all.

>> a bit of emacs lisp later and I've updated the files to use
>> http://ctan.org/pkg/abc
>> form, and to reference
>> https://github.com/ho-tex/oberdiek/issues
>>
>> Also, there are a couple more packages with luatex  related updates

>> All 95 packages updated with current URLs to CTAN and github
>>
>> embedfile
>> Updates for new luatex
>>
>> epstopdf
>> Updates for new luatex (luatex graphics option)
>>

>> I could push this to ctan now, but it may not be a good time,
>
>  Thanks for considering!
>
>> and it could wait until after tl2016 freeze?
>
>  I hope so ...

Well Manfred said the opposite so I uploaded the zip --but-- feel free
to leave it
where it is and not install until after the rush is over. It can wait.

>> diffs for the CTAN URL update are
>>
>> https://github.com/ho-tex/oberdiek/commit/4451ed096928cb8b6e0a5a8364f6aeb477fd1c5f
>
>  Two problems:
>
>  (1) The little one:  Our server will be down from tomorrow
>      evening until Wednesday morning, so nobody will be able
>      to do _any_ work on or with CTAN during that time.
OK.

>  (2) The big one:
>      http://mirror.ctan.org/help/ctan/CTAN-upload-addendum.html#versionnumber
>      which means that every tiny change should imply at least a
>      little step in the version number.

Yes that's exactlly what I did.

>      Meaning that, in principle, you would have to increase the
>      version number of all those .dtx files, and we would have to
>      check them and edit all the corresponding .xml files ...  :-\

that's really why I asked....

>      Petra, feeling a bit helpless, faced with such a Herculean
>             task, and away at work until tomorrow evening anyway.

Don't worry about it, the zip file is there in case you (as a ctan team) want it
but if it doesn't get installed this week it really isn't a problem.

David