[ho-tex] updating URLs in oberdiek bundle

Petra Ruebe-Pugliese petra at ctan.org
Mon May 16 21:34:19 CEST 2016

Hi David,

On Monday 16 May 2016 at 19:55:18 +0100  David Carlisle (d.p.carlisle at gmail.com) wrote:
> Petra wrote on an earlier update
>
>  I noted in the documentation a great many links starting with
>  "ftp://ftp.ctan.org/tex-archive/".

  I hope I added some cautioning phrase, but I probably wasn't
  explicit enough ...

> a bit of emacs lisp later and I've updated the files to use
> http://ctan.org/pkg/abc
> form, and to reference
> https://github.com/ho-tex/oberdiek/issues
>
> Also, there are a couple more packages with luatex  related updates

> All 95 packages updated with current URLs to CTAN and github
>
> embedfile
> Updates for new luatex
>
> epstopdf
> Updates for new luatex (luatex graphics option)
>

> I could push this to ctan now, but it may not be a good time,

 Thanks for considering!

> and it could wait until after tl2016 freeze?

 I hope so ...

> diffs for the CTAN URL update are
>
> https://github.com/ho-tex/oberdiek/commit/4451ed096928cb8b6e0a5a8364f6aeb477fd1c5f

 Two problems:

 (1) The little one:  Our server will be down from tomorrow
     evening until Wednesday morning, so nobody will be able
     to do _any_ work on or with CTAN during that time.

 (2) The big one:
     http://mirror.ctan.org/help/ctan/CTAN-upload-addendum.html#versionnumber
     which means that every tiny change should imply at least a
     little step in the version number.
     Meaning that, in principle, you would have to increase the
     version number of all those .dtx files, and we would have to
     check them and edit all the corresponding .xml files ...  :-\

     Petra, feeling a bit helpless, faced with such a Herculean
            task, and away at work until tomorrow evening anyway.

--
Please send messages to ctan at ctan.org in English only.
Please do not send HTML messages, they are held in our spam filter.