[edutex] Introduction

tohecz tohecz at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 16:36:28 CEST 2016

Hi all!
I subscribed to the list just today. Let me introduce myself:

(1) Who you are

I'm Tom Hejda, known as yo' at TeX.StackExchange. I'm a maths teacher at
University of Chemistry and Technology in Prague, Czechia. At the same
time, I participate in a lot of volunteering activities.

(2) What is your education experience

I've been giving seminars at high-schools for about 12 years and
teaching maths to undergraduates students for about 7 years.

(3) What is your TeX experience

I use TeX for almost all my correspondence. I write and edit textbooks,
my own theses, papers etc. I typset and graphically edit a scientific
journal.

(4) What do you expect from the group

I don't really know (yet). Certainly, there's an idea of founding a
LaTeX seminar for students at our university (mostly chemistry students
who almost exclusively use Word, so I think that for now, I'm here
mostly to get some ideas and know-how.

(5) What can you offer to the group

Teaching experience, and experience on what people mostly do wrong with
LaTeX (even people who have been using it for a long time) as I get in
touch with a lot of user code.

Best,
Tom