[yandytex] directories in YandY \includegraphics?

Christina Thiele christina_thiele at carleton.ca
Fri Feb 12 14:45:28 CET 2010

Dr. C.L. Tondo wrote:
 > Hi,
 >

 > I purchased the last version of Y&Y packages available before the
 > company disappeared.
 >
 > This last version did NOT support directories in \includegraphics that
 > the previous versions
 > supported. Well, the first \includegraphics works and apparently a
 > buffer overrun prevents the second and following \includegraphics from
 > running.

Don't know about a corrected version ...

However, do you happen to know the 3rd digit in the version number?
And the date of the version you purchased? Both details are important
in determining how `last' your last version was/is ;-)

The version would be something like 2.2.x ... it's that last `x' which
is crucial. If you look in the dviwindo.ini file, which is outside the
yandy/ tree (under the `Windows' folder, if memory serves), under the
last section [Diagnostics], you'll see `Version:' (maybe the 4th or
5th entry in this section). No matter what the box or CD say, I'm
pretty sure this line of info is straight from the horse's mouth, as
it were ...

I purchased a version 2.2.8, one of the last ones, and worked through
a number of difficulties, which I reported to this list.

-- There were many packages which were still in their .dtx form,
    rather than having been processed to yield the necessary .sty/.tex
    (and perhaps other) files.  So you may want to first look for all
    .dtx files under yandy/ and see that they've been properly expanded.

-- There was an upgrade to BibTeX which, I believe, had to be
    downloaded as it had been overlooked. Again, there are lots of
    notes on this in the archive.

-- And then there were indeed instances of missing files ...

So, all in all ... you _may_ have better luck trying to get a copy of
someone's fully functional latest version ... unless you enjoy working
through a puzzle ;-)

I believe the yandytex archive goes back to January 2005. Before the
yandytex list came into existence, there was a small group of us who
tried to provide user support -- my collection of that mail goes back
to March of 2003.

So I'm sure that, somewhere in there, lie the answers you need.

But, as I said, you may want to try an easier route first ;-)