[yandytex] ps2pdf not working with YandY TeX configuration

Murray Eisenberg murray at math.umass.edu
Tue Mar 25 16:45:39 CET 2008

With an installation of WinEdt current version on a new PC, where I
copied all my settings from the old PC, ps2pdf is not working in the
YandY TeX configuration.  "Error starting ps2pdf. See WinEdt's TeX
Configuration Wizard for detailed diagnosis of your TeX system."

All I find that's possibly relevant in the WinEdt Configuration Wizard >
  Diagnosis is:

   AcroRead: OK (REG)
   "D:\WP\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\Acrobat.exe"
   D:\WP\Adobe\ACROBA~1.0\Acrobat\Acrobat.exe

Of course I do have MiKTeX (2.7) and Acrobat Professional 8.

The menu macro for ps2pdf is: Exe('%b\Exec\ps2pdf.edt');

Should there be some setting for the Acrobat DISTILLER?

What's wrong?  How do I fix it?

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305