[yandytex] Y&Y TeX Source

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Sep 9 01:03:32 CEST 2007

Hi Herbert,

All I was asking was for Matas (or anyone) to spend a few minutes
searching the web to see if the status of the files could be easily
clarified.  That would be the best outcome.

    This has no legal standing until it is upheld in a court of law.

Actually, the *default* is "all rights reserved", even if nothing is
written in the file.  Technically, we have no permission to do anything
with it.  It's obvious that is not what Adobe intended for these files,
but posting them publicly is a new step.

    court is unlikely ever to be called upon to rule on a couple of files

True enough.

    that are useful to virtually no one outside the Y&Y community.

I don't know about that.  As far as I can tell, these files are mostly
Adobe's, not Y&Y's, and would be relevant to anyone using ATM.  (They
are basically a list of #define's for constants relevant to ATM.)

    dare Adobe to sue me.

That may be your choice, but I can't take that risk for TUG without at
least some consideration.  Hence my request for help.

Believe me, I hate spending time on stuff like this too.  But experience
has taught me that it is unfortunately necessary in today's brave new
world :(.

Best,
Karl

P.S. It would be helpful to me if email could have a plain text
alternative.