[yandytex] font installation in Windows 2000

Sue Rodd roddjournals at btinternet.com
Wed Oct 24 21:17:29 CEST 2007

Hi All

The last time I had a panic about installing fonts, Christina kindly sent
the attached summary.

Since then, I've happily been using the "psamsfonts" option to get odd sizes
of computer modern for abstracts, etc. (see comment 1 below).

Now I have a new class file for another journal, which needs BOLD computer
modern in 9- and 6-point sizes for its abstract, but despite putting in the
[psamsfonts] option as well as \usepackage{amsmath,amsfonts,amssymb}, I keep
getting Courier (both on-screen and printed) instead of the bolded maths
(error messages for cmbsy6, cmbsy9, cmmib6, cmmib9, cmex9 in both cases).

The relevant line in the class file is:
\normalfont\bfseries\small\fontseries{b}\mathversion{bold}

Am I missing something obvious here?   If I take out "\mathversion..." it
works fine, and it works fine if I use the [mathtime] option instead of CM,
but most authors are not going to have that.

I tried picking up the missing sizes, but although "install font" SEEMS to
work, DVIWINDO doesn't recognise them.

Help please???

Thanks a million

Sue