[yandytex] FW: PSTricks

paul paul at pretex.com
Fri May 11 02:50:17 CEST 2007

Ch,

To put it bluntly, dviwindo does not have a PostScript engine built into it,
therefore it cannot display PostScript.  All of the pstricks stuff are
PostScript tricks, hence PStricks.   Windows, when it was developed, used a GDI
for generating graphics on screen, not postscript.  Apple and the likes on the
other hand have PostScript display engines.  Unix, well you can do anything with
Unix/Linux, it all depends on what you are running.

And for you really technical buggies Adobe Framemaker for Windows (and Windows
platform only) does not technically support PostScript using the CMYK platform.
All CMYK is converted to RGB because it uses the Window GDI.

There, fixes up that question.

Cheers
Paul Mailhot
PreTeX, Inc.