[yandytex] A question concerning Y&Y Tex and ATM if I may

Jochen Autschbach jautschbach at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 3 19:16:28 CEST 2006

It is my experience that with WinXP you have to install the Y&Y fonts
to c:\windows\fonts using Windows' font installer (Control Panel ->
Fonts). Don't just copy the font files there.

Typically, if I install Y&Y on a new computer all I do is to copy
c:\yandy and all its subdirectories from an existing installation to
the new computer, copy dviwindo.ini from c:\windows to the same
directory on the new computer, and install the Y&Y type1 fonts. That
seems to work more reliably than using the Y&Y installer. Sometimes a
reboot seems to be necessary before the fonts are recognized.

Jochen