[yandytex] DVIwindo font problems

Ganz, Frank, Springer US Frank.Ganz at springer.com
Mon Oct 9 20:21:35 CEST 2006

Dear José,

The error message means that the "screen font" is not installed for this font. In other words, CMR10.pfm is not available on your system. For that reason, DVIWINDO can't show the font on the screen and warns you of the substitution.

It does not affect the output if you have cmr10.pfb available where DVIPSONE knows to look for it.

CMR fonts come with Y&Y, so you bought them, even though you may not be aware of it. If you want to know whether or not you used the font unknowingly, look at the .log file LaTeX writes. You might be using a style file that, without your knowledge, explicitly calls the font.

I hope this helps.

Frank