[yandytex] European Modern

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat May 6 20:42:20 CEST 2006

    Can someone please tell me where I can obtain the European Modern fonts
    these days?

I don't think you can.  I kind of have the impression that the Latin
Modern project has more and better characters anyway?  I'm not sure if
the hinting has been as carefully worked out, though.  Anyway, LM is in
recent distributions and can also be installed relatively easily:
http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=uselmfonts

At any rate, European Modern is one of the things which TUG will be
making publicly available.  I am still working on sorting the
proprietary from the non-proprietary in what Blenda donated to TUG, a
little each day.  It's a long process.  I hope to have something ready
to put out in the world by the end of the summer.

If you have an urgent need for EM, I could probably dredge some version
of it out of the Y&Y archives for you.

karl