[yandytex] Y&Y -> TUG Lucida license upgrade

Jochen Autschbach jautschbach at yahoo.com
Thu May 4 16:04:59 CEST 2006

There was a discussion in this mailing list recently regarding Y&Y font
embedding in PDFs for personal use on the author's web site. As far as
I remember the Y&Y license allowed this as long as the fonts were not
embedded 100%. Can someone clarify/confirm this? I also posted an email
and the license files from Y&Y in the mailing list and asked for
comments
(http://tug.org/mailman/htdig/yandytex/2005-December/001131.html) but I
didn't receive any replies.

The question is: who would be enforcing Y&Y's license now; and how
would that person/organization interpret the license?

Here is a quote:

> Acrobat PDF files containing *incomplete* fonts may be sent to
> individual
> end users *provided* certain rules are followed (see below).
>
> Further, individual end users may make Acrobat PDF files of *their
> own*
> articles available on WWW or via FTP, *provided* the PDF files do not
> contain complete fonts and are made according to the rules below.

Jochen