[yandytex] Lucida fonts with lucimatx in YandY: TeX's OK, preview bombs

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Mar 23 00:45:53 CET 2006

    Does the tfm have a
    reference embedded in it to the corresponding pbf??

Definitely not.  Any mapping is external to the tfm.

    % <actual TFM file name>    <name used to refer to font in TeX source>

Hmm, this doesn't make sense to me.  The TFM file *is* the name used in
the TeX source.  \font\foo=xyz looks for xyz.tfm.  I sincerely doubt Y&Y
changed that.

Perhaps the idea was to have a way to support the psnfss lucida package
without implementing vf's.  Mysterious tome.

    hlsrt8y   hlsrt8y   % LucidaSans-Typewriter
    hlcrv     hlcrv     % LucidaNewMath-Extension

It's worth a try, nothing to lose.  Seems to me that hlcrv.pfb will be
needed, and you already said you can't create that because ATM comes
into play and won't let you make a copy.  I don't know anything else to
try though ...