[yandytex] new Lucida fonts via lucimatx.sty

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Mar 20 18:49:13 CET 2006

Hi Murray,

    I'm still trying to get the lucimatx LaTeX macro package for the Lucida
    fonts (distributed by both TUG and Personal TeX) to work with Y&Y TeX.

Walter, does lucimatx rely on any fonts which are implemented by vf's?
If so, this goal seems flat-out impossible to me.

    And if I rename the pfb's and pfm's, then will they not stop working
    with lucidmatx in MiKTeX and in PCTeX?

Right -- so don't rename them.  Just make copies, so working stuff is
not disturbed.

    What needs to be done to properly identify the fonts (pfb's and pfm's?)
    to the previewer?

Copying the pf[bm]'s to the h* names remains my only idea.
Perhaps someone else who actually knows something about Y&Y can help :).

    What would get renamed to what under your suggestion?  The newly
    distributed Lucida pfb's and pfm's have the following names:

Unfortunately, I do not have the precise mapping of the h* names to l*
names at hand.  Walter, did you ever create this?  The lucida.txt file
in the distribution has the information (sort of) for text fonts, but
not math fonts.

Karl