[yandytex] Lucida support macros (BULLET)

Ashim Datta akd1 at cornell.edu
Fri Feb 3 15:09:31 CET 2006

Sorry to ask a stupid question.  So, do I put the three lines below in the
preamble in my LaTeX file?  In other words, how do I use the commands below?

Ashim Datta

At 01:02 AM 2/3/2006, Mirko Janc wrote:
>A couple of lines from the lucidabr.dtx explain it all:
>
>% The bullet in the lucida text fonts is rather small.
>% Some people may prefer this option, to use a larger one
>% from the math fonts.
>% \changes{v4.10}{1998/01/19}
>%      {(Berthold Horn) add altbullet option for larger bullet}
>%    \begin{macrocode}
>\DeclareOption{altbullet}{%
>  \normalfont
>  \DeclareTextCommand
>    \textbullet\encodingdefault{\UseTextSymbol{OMS}\textbullet}}
>%    \end{macrocode}
>
>That's why Berthold introduced the "altbullet" option as the code tells it.
>
>HTH
>
>Dr. Mirko Janc
>Chief Publishing Technologist
>INFORMS
>mjanc at earthlink.net and mirko.janc at informs.org
>

>----- Original Message ----- From: "Murray Eisenberg" <murray at math.umass.edu>

Ashim K. Datta
Professor, Cornell University
Dept. of Biological and Environmental Engineering
Riley-Robb Hall, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Tel: (607)255-2482; Fax: (607)255-4080
http://www.bee.cornell.edu/datta