[yandytex] (no subject)

Ashim Datta akd1 at cornell.edu
Wed Feb 1 19:58:06 CET 2006

At 09:41 AM 1/31/2006, D. P. Story wrote:

>>I don't see any advantage in changing from YandY to MiKTeX. The
>>dvipreview is far superior to Yap, incorporating new fonts is
>>tirival, the dvipsone is fast and produces excellent ps.

Perhaps someone can help me here.  I have been using MikTeX and eventually
I hope to produce pdf ready for a publisher for their printer (I have ADOBE
products for pdf making).  When you say that YandY produces excellent ps,
does that mean I would not be able to produce the best quality pdf if I
stay with MikTeX?   By the way, in MikTeX, the preview seems acceptable to
me while incorporation of new fonts is a major challenge.

Ashim Datta

PS: I bought YandY, had incredibly rude behavior from YandY as I needed
help in installing.  In contrast, my students have been able to install and
work with MikTeX with very little problems.

Ashim K. Datta
Professor, Cornell University
Dept. of Biological and Environmental Engineering
Riley-Robb Hall, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Tel: (607)255-2482; Fax: (607)255-4080
http://www.bee.cornell.edu/datta