[yandytex] Re: Switch from Y&Y to ...?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Feb 1 20:12:32 CET 2006

    Is there any possibility that Y&Y will be acquired by someone else

No.

    and maintained?

Blenda very generously donated all Y&Y software assets to TUG some time
ago, as I've reported in the various TUG newsletters, columns, on this
list, etc.

I've been going through the raw dumps and sorting out the sources from
business correspondence and such.  Eventually my plan is to put those
sources and supporting files on a server somewhere under a free license.
That will not be a working system, though -- just the fundamentals for
creating one.

    If so, does anyone know the possible time frame?

It'll be some time (weeks, maybe months) before I have the set of files
to publish.  After that, what happens is going to be up to other
volunteers in the community.  I don't know Windows programming and don't
want to learn :).

Regards,
karl