[yandytex] New paper size in DVIWindo

J. R. Setti jrasetti at usp.br
Wed Dec 13 19:31:16 CET 2006

Dear Frank,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I did what you told me, but the results were
just not right... :-(
A look at page properties in the pdf file showed that the page size was 170
mm x 170 mm.

Then, I tried to invert the page dimensions to -l=482*652. It worked like a
charm :-).
Many thanks for your tip. I read all the Y&Y documents that came with the CD
and did not find
anything telling this.

Should anybody else need to do this, here's what I did:

1. In DVIWindo, put -l=482*652 in new flags at Preferences>Command
line>DVIPSONE to obtain a page size of 170x230 mm. The syntax is -l=[PAGE
WIDTH]*[PAGE HEIGHT], with PAGE_WIDTH and PAGE_HEIGHT given in Adobe points
(72 pt = 1 inch = 25.4 mm)
2. Kept A4 selected as page size (or letter or...)
3. Opened my dvi file in DVIWindo
4. Run LaTeX on the file again to create a new dvi file, just in case
(DVIWindo shows the file on an A4 page, because A4 was selected)
5. Printed the dvi file selecting a PS printer, selecting "print to file"
and "use DVIPSONE" to create a ps file
6. Opened Acrobat Distiller, clicked on File>Open and selected the ps file
created by DVIPSONE to create the pdf file

The pdf file has the proper page size. You don't need to modify the page
size in Distiller.

I also edited the DVIWINDO.INI file, using the right syntax for the -l flag,
but the ps file created this way does not work properly. I get the proper
page size, but the text is not centered in the page. Any suggestions to fix
this?

--jrs.
--
Dr. José Reynaldo Setti                                jrasetti at usp.br

Universidade de São Paulo                          400 Av. Trabalhador
São-carlense
São Carlos School of Engineering                 São Carlos, SP, Brazil --
13560-560
Department of Transportation Engineering      (55-16) 3373-9596