[yandytex] "overcite" package and punctuation

Jochen Autschbach jautschbach at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 24 16:41:36 CEST 2006

> i would be surprised if any y&y system was delivered with such a late
> cite.sty; have you downloaded and installed new versions of cite and
> overcite to your system?

Yes, I updated some of the packages see below. However, I just created
a test document and overcite sometimes works as it should. (should have
done that first ...) I found that there is some interference with the
"srcltx" package.

In the test document below, the unwanted space before the punctuation
occurs only if srcltx is loaded but not if the \section command is
commented out.

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{overcite}
\usepackage{srcltx}
\begin{document}
\section{\large Header}
hello

test \cite{smith}. hello
\end{document}

Here is the version of the cite package used:

(c:/yandy/tex/latex/ctan/cite/overcite.sty
Package: overcite 2003/05/27  v 4.0
)
(c:/yandy/tex/latex/ctan/cite/cite.sty
LaTeX Info: Redefining \cite on input line 149.
LaTeX Info: Redefining \nocite on input line 214.
Package: cite 2003/11/04  v 4.01
LaTeX Info: Redefining \cite on input line 282.
)

Jochen