release date?

Vincent Manis vmanis at TELUS.NET
Wed Nov 30 08:32:18 CET 2005

Not to dwell on the ancient Y&Y licence, but I do remember sending an email
to Berthold on this a long time ago. As I recall from his reply, font
subsetting was sufficient for educational or nonprofit or some other class
of documentation, but commercial documents required a separate licence. I do
recall, when I started in my present job with a for-profit employer five
years ago, reviewing that email and deciding that pretty much any use of
Lucida Bright+New Math at my present employers would violate that licence,
so I put the fonts away. The details have receded in the mists of time.

Anyway, I want to offer my thanks to Karl and his colleagues for the
imminent font rescue.