WinEdt with Y & Y TeX

Murray Eisenberg murray at MATH.UMASS.EDU
Fri Jan 14 11:29:51 CET 2005

Is anybody else using WinEdt with Y & Y TeX?  If so, you may want to
know that the WinEdt team has removed direct support for Y & Y TeX from
their current builds of WinEdt.

Alex of WinEdt Team wrote to me:

    YandY TeX is no longer supported by a non-existing YandY Inc.
    .... As a result I decided to remove YandY TeX configuration from
    defaults because I don't have this system and I cannot (and don't
    want to) provide any further support.... Documentation and the
    default menu have been cleared of all YandY items.

    If you want you can write directly to support at winedt.com and you'll
    be emailed YandY.zip archive (31KB) with instructions on how to
    install it... And from there on you are on your own.

    Should more than a dozen users demand this configuration I'll upload
    it to winedt.org but so far it is not exactly jamming our e-mail
    server and based on the status of YandY TeX and our numbers this is
    not likely to change (you are the second person inquiring so far;
    another person decided to use MiKTeX )...

I did request the archive from WinEdt, and it was very simple to install
the support for Y & Y.

I think it would be much better to have this support readily obtainable
from WinEdt.org rather than for each person having to request it
individually from the WinEdt Team.  And perhaps making it available just
once would save them some needless work down the road.

So:  if you are using WinEdt and will even consider the possibility of
updating your copy, I would encourage you to write to support at winedt.com
  to ask about this.

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.