mt pro (was Y&Y FAQ and info pages ...)

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at CL.CAM.AC.UK
Sat Feb 19 20:21:10 CET 2005

> I noticed there is a page entitled
> "Single TFM file (no VF!) for Type 1 fonts",
> http://www.tug.org/yandy/maketfm.htm
>
> I recently purchased the MathTime Pro fonts from pctex.com but I can't
> use them if I want to use dviwindo for previewing. Would it actually
> work if I follow the instructions given in "Single TFM file (no VF!)
> for Type 1 fonts"? for the MT Pro fonts and the mtpro.sty package (and
> other Type 1 fonts)?

no.  maths fonts are outside the capabilities of such a simple program
as that.  what's more, mt pro is only usable with virtual fonts, since
it picks up things from several different type 1 fonts to make a
single "logical" tex font.

mt pro isn't actually usable with y&y tex.  :-(

robin