Line numbers in the final pdf file

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at CL.CAM.AC.UK
Thu Dec 15 21:39:25 CET 2005

> on 12/15/2005 1:07 PM Ashim Datta said the following:
> > I processed the file many times, without any luck.  I found that the
> > areas causing problem are
> >
> > text text text text
> > %
> > \begin{equation}
> > \end{equation}
> > %
> > text text text text
> >
> > The % signs are put so that the paragraph stays together and the line
> > following the equation is not indented.  This was suggested by a Guru.
> >
> > When I put a blank line (instead of %), things work.  I still do not
> > get line numbers for figure captions.
>
> The Guru has the wrong idea with the "%" signs in this case.

please only claim such things when you know what you're talking about.

> Just use
> \noindent at the start of the following line.

sure, if you want another paragraph.  since lineno can be programmed
to behave differently at paragraph ends, this isn't necessarily the
right thing to do.

fwiw, i can't reproduce the op's problem.  i agree with the suggestion
that (s)he should download a new copy from ctan.

robin