TeX and Lucida fonts

Karl Berry karl at FREEFRIENDS.ORG
Mon Aug 29 15:58:27 CEST 2005

(Replying to both msgs here ...)

    I do hope this restriction is no longer with us.

You'll be happy to know that, at least for the TUG Lucida distribution,
it isn't.  Distribution of the fonts embedded within normal documents
that were typeset with them will be ok, for example, in pdf files.

    am I still bound by license agreements for YandY products purchased
    from the YandY web store? Any ideas?

As things stand, yes; there are no legal changes to previous Y&Y
customers just because the "same" fonts are being distributed now by
other organizations.  I will ask Chuck what he thinks about it, though.
Perhaps something can be done.