TeX and Lucida fonts

Vincent Manis vmanis at TELUS.NET
Mon Aug 29 03:57:28 CEST 2005

The biggest problem with the Y&Y Lucida Bright fonts was the licence provision that essentially
prohibited electronic distribution of documents that used them. I was never clear whether this
was a Y&Y limitation or whether it came with the original fonts. For me that's a deal-killer as
essentially everything I do is destined for intranet publication within my enterprise, and a significant
amount is posted or distributed electronically outside. I do hope this restriction is no longer with
us. If it is gone, I will be delighted.