FW: The Euro symbol is needed badly

LMS journals jcm at LMS.AC.UK
Thu Oct 7 20:21:04 CEST 2004

Hi there

Does anyone know how to get the Euro symbol for Computer Modern?

I had a look at FAQ, and I gather i need to \usepackage{textcomp}, and then
\texteuro, but I still get a "missing fonts" message.  What font(s) do I
need to pick up?

Also, what are the best cyrillic fonts to use with Mathtime?  I need them in
subscript sizes as well as 10 pt.

Thanks and all the best

Sue

-----Original Message-----
From: Techsupport-owner at yandy.com [mailto:Techsupport-owner at yandy.com] On
Behalf Of Erwin Pönitz
Sent: 29 May 2003 12:07
To: Mimi Burbank
Cc: Techsupport at yandy.com
Subject: Re: The Euro symbol is needed badly

To Mimi and all,

\texteuro works perfectly for me. I have tried all variations of \Euro,
\euro, \eu and so on but of course \texteuro did'nt occur to me.

Many years ago I used a compiler which I could only quit be rebooting the
PC. I did try everything, exit, ctrlC, bye, quit and so on. After some time
I found out the command was 'system'.

Very logical indeed if you know it just as \texteuro is ;-).

Thank you very much for helping me
Erwin