Paper sizes

Ganz, Frank, SV USA Frank.Ganz at SPRINGER-SBM.COM
Thu Oct 7 12:37:28 CEST 2004

Dear Dominic,

Are you actually saying that the text is cropped? In other words, the text isn't positioned correctly after cropping?

If so, there are two ways of going about it:

[1] c:\yandy\dvipsone\dvipsone -l=432*638 -x=<x> -y=<y> sample.dvi

    where <x> and <y> could be determined by simply
    measuring how much the text must be moved to get
    the margins according to specs. They will most
    likely be negative values.

[2] Declare 6" x 9" as a papersize:

        \DeclareOption{booktrim}
           {\setlength\paperheight {9in}%
            \setlength\paperwidth  {6in}}
        \ExecuteOptions{booktrim}
        \endinput

You would want [2] to appear in a file you might call 6x9.sty and call it with a \usepackage{6x9}. The class file you are using usually defines paper sizes. You wouldn't want to override any of the standard class and style files.

Hope this works for you.

Best regards,
Frank