dviwindo: preview from external TIFF file

Mimi Burbank mimi at CSIT.FSU.EDU
Tue Mar 30 07:55:28 CEST 2004

On Mar29 03:11PM, Jochen Autschbach wrote:

found this in  overview.txt
Sample use of TIFF image insertion        \yandy\texinput\showtiff.tex

in the DVIPSONE\doc
news.txt

(*)INSERTING IMAGES IN TIFF FORMAT:
   DVIPSONE now supports the `insertimage' \special for insertion of TIFF
   images.  For details of how this works, please consult the DVIWindo
   secton of the Y&Y TeX System Manual.  Also look at `showtiff.tex', which
   gives an example of use and defines a useful TeX macro called showtiff.
   You can use the utility TIFFTAGS (supplied with DVIWindo) to
   get useful information about the TIFF file such as the number of
   rows and columns.  For bi-level/monochrome TIFF files you may also
   wish to use the `figurecolor' \special, which controls the `foreground'
   and `background' (`1' and `0') colors.

never having done it, this is about all the help I can give  ;-)

I am guessing that the use of a \special command, after inputting
the showtiff.tex...  might not make the graphicx pkg very happy...
not sure how both would work together.  It is possible that
commands in the graphicx pkg might cancel out definitions in
the showtiff.tex file...   I'd suggest trying a small file
with nothing much in it but text and the graphic image
and the input of showtiff.tex  and see how that goes...

???  anyone else ues tiff images in their docs ????

mimi