dviwindo: preview from external TIFF file

Mimi Burbank mimi at CSIT.FSU.EDU
Mon Mar 29 16:30:55 CEST 2004

On Mar29 01:13PM, Jochen Autschbach wrote:
> Good afternoon
>
> In the YandY TeX release 2.2 manual I found the information that
> dviwindo can generate a preview for an EPS file if
> 1. the file name extension ".eps" is not used in the command that
> includes the picture, and
> 2. there is a corresponding file with the same name but an extension
> ".tif"
> ("Tip" on page 30)
>
> I think this is a very useful option, however I do not get the preview.
> I don't think that there is something wrong with the TIFF file because
> when I use \special{insertimage: ... etc} as discribed on page 31
> dviwindo can display the file.

this command won't work with the graphicx pkg I don't think...

> I use the graphicx package and the command \includegraphics to include
> EPS graphics. All graphics files reside in a directory "figures", i.e.
> I use something like
> \includegraphics{figures/fig01}.
> I've also tried to place the figure files in the same directory as the
> latex source file but I also didn't get the preview.
>
> I would appreciate some help to get this working.

have you tried using the command
\DeclareGraphicsExtensions{tiff,eps}  or  in your case, {tif,eps}

 ???
and for file locations of your graphics,  you can use

\graphicpath{ {./eps} {./tiff} }
  note      ^                  ^  extra braces  ;-)

mimi