psfrag

Christina Thiele cthiele at CCS.CARLETON.CA
Thu Mar 11 20:42:09 CET 2004

Mark Steinberger writes:

> I'm currently running Y&Y 2.1, and I'm having serious problems with psfrag.
> Since I edit electronic journals, this is a serious problem. More and more
> papers are being submitted using psfrag.
>
> The behavior I am seeing is that the text substitutions appear reflected
> vertically and with some letters missing.
>
> The docs for psfrag say that it's supposed to work with dvipsone.
>
> Can anyone help?
>
> Mark

Could you do a tex run of your file and then post the .log file here?
Maybe there's something there that'll give us a clue.

Do note, however, that Y&YTeX is currently at v.2.2 (2.2.8, to be
excruciatingly precise; -) ), so it's possible that you need to do an
upgrade.

Also:

a. What OS are you using at present?

b. Have you had 2.1 running under an older OS and then upgraded to XP,
   for example? 2.2 was explicitly marketted for Win2000/XP.

c. Have you always had these problems but it's now getting out of
   hand?

d. Have previously ok files now started exhibiting this problem?

... as you can see ... a lot of little details that will give a more
complete picture -- along with that .log file.