BibTex

Christina Thiele cthiele at CCS.CARLETON.CA
Fri Jul 9 00:04:17 CEST 2004

Greg Ezra writes:

> > > i would guess that removing ".aux" at the end of that line would do
> > > the business.
> >
> >No. I don't think that's the .aux that shouldn't be mentioned ;-) I
> >believe that in your instructions to just type:
>

> BibTeX runs fine on my system with
>
> BibTeX=c:\yandy\bibtex\bibtex.exe  @
>
> in the dviwindo.ini file, as Robin suggests.

Oh. OK. So, does that mean you explicitly have to give the .aux
extension to the file you're BibTeXing?

> Also, replacing
>
> \citation{McDaniel_1}
>
> with
>
> \cite{McDaniel_1}
>
> might help.

Sounds good! I only know the latter, not the former.

Some things I found after doing some testing on my machine ...

a. As my late June '03 mail (in the archives) said, I was unable to
   BibTeX from the menu. Well, I can now do that, but only after
   adding a switch, which is part of a list of 'em that you get
   when you do c:\yandy\bibtex\bibtex.exe -?:

   -8 for the 8-bit version

   And I also added -v, to print the BibTeX version -- 99c, I think I
   saw.

b. Earlier today, I'd suggested doing the LaTeXing and BibTeXing from
   the command line inside the working directory. The commands I'd
   sketched out weren't quite right:

   To LaTeX a file while you're in the working directory:

         c:\yandy\yandytex\latex.bat filename

   To BibTeX a file while in the working directory:

         c:\yandy\bibtex\bibtex.exe -v -8 filename.aux
                                    ^^^^^
                                    additional switches

> Greg Ezra

So, I guess we now wait to see if Gregory has a good or a bad Friday
;-))