Trouble after installing YandY

Mimi Burbank mimi at CSIT.FSU.EDU
Thu Jul 8 16:36:34 CEST 2004

On Jul08 09:04PM, Mohamad Hindawi wrote:
> Thanks for the reply. I went through the steps you mentioned. I still have
> the same problems.
>
> BTW, yes I am running version 2.2.8
>
> I added at the end of this message the first part of the log file, I did
> not include all of it since it is too big. I could if you want all of it.
>
> BTW, I processed the same file with MikTeX and it seems fine with no
> errors.
>
> One more thing in item 3, you wrote:
>   g. docstrip.tex    ..\yandytex\tex\texinput      1/8/98
>
> the folder \yandytex\tex\.... does not exist on my computer.

my windows xp machine here crashed so many times during the
past year that I installed, uninstalled, re-installed, and
repeated the cycle  some 7 times....    I did a directory
listing of my   c:\yandy   folder on the version that was
working - I can send it to this list if people think it
worthwhile ---   but will not include it here just now...

only the "yandytex" part of it ...

Directory of C:\YANDY\Y&Y SUPPORT
 Directory of C:\YANDY\YANDYTEX
 Directory of C:\YANDY\YANDYTEX\bibtex
 Directory of C:\YANDY\YANDYTEX\compatex
 Directory of C:\YANDY\YANDYTEX\doc
 Directory of C:\YANDY\YANDYTEX\epsilon
 Directory of C:\YANDY\YANDYTEX\fmt
 Directory of C:\YANDY\YANDYTEX\keyboard
 Directory of C:\YANDY\YANDYTEX\kpathsea
 Directory of C:\YANDY\YANDYTEX\large
 Directory of C:\YANDY\YANDYTEX\large\lib
 Directory of C:\YANDY\YANDYTEX\lib
 Directory of C:\YANDY\YANDYTEX\OLD
 Directory of C:\YANDY\YANDYTEX\small
 Directory of C:\YANDY\YANDYTEX\small\LIB

So...  there *is* a    c:\yandy\yandytex "path"   ;-)    just not a
         \yandytex\tex\texinput

bear in mind that DOS  tends to like to uppercase everything,
but these directories are all lowercase I believe ... (haven't
had time to install Y&Y TeX on my new windows machine just yet)

mimi