ATM Deluxe 4.1

Mike Prager Mike.Prager at NOAA.GOV
Sat Jul 3 15:48:54 CEST 2004

I have seen repeated comments here that ATM Deluxe 4.1 does not work with
Windows XP or that it should not be used to install or remove fonts under
Windows XP.  As far as I can tell, those comments are incorrect, and they
have not been made by anyone who USES the product.

To set the record straight, Adobe states that ATM Deluxe 4.1 is compatible
with Windows XP, as can be confirmed here:

http://www.adobe.com/products/atm/systemreqs.html

Furthermore, I've seen it work perfectly on five machines (including three
I use regularly) running Windows XP Pro. I also use Y&Y TeX on those three
machines.

The only problem I have experienced is the known 31-character limit on font
names. The only problems I've seen reported here are either (1) versions of
ATM other than ATM Deluxe 4.1, or (2) unrelated problems caused by
installing Y&Y TeX before installing the fonts (contrary to instructions).

I don't care whether anyone buys or uses ATM, and as I government employee
I certainly am not endorsing any particular software.  Still, I would
prefer our comments on software to be based on manufacturer's specs and
actual experience, not on second-hand [mis]information.

...Mike

--
Michael Prager, Ph.D.                <Mike.Prager at noaa.gov>
NOAA Beaufort Laboratory