Response from Berthold Horn, Re: Configuring Y & Y for Windows XP

Frank Ganz fganz at springer-ny.com
Wed Jan 28 18:29:37 CET 2004

Maybe I should better have said that the installation instructions that came with Y&Y's package strictly state that one ought not to install ATM on Windows 2000 as it has the Type 1 rasterizer already built in.

This is from Adobe's site:
PostScript font support is built directly into Windows 2000, and ATM Light is not required for basic font installation and rendering on this platform. However, you must install ATM Light on Windows 2000 if you use Adobe's multiple master typefaces and want to create custom font instances. ATM Light is required for previous versions of Windows, including Windows 95, 98, and NT 4.0.

Thanks,
frank