FWD: need help with installation

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Fri Jan 23 14:26:23 CET 2004

blenda quoted:

> I have received MathTime "Complete", but find the installation instructions
> confusing.
>
> I have Windows XP. What exactly should I do to install your fonts? I have
> run w2kfonts.exe from the CD. Is that all? (i.e., should I do anything that
> follows "Otherwise"??)
>
> I have tried pdfLaTeX on testbm.tex, but the Adobe Acrobat gives the
> message: "The font 'RMTMI' contains a bad /BBox".
>
> I am using LaTeX2e, but Appendix G in one of your booklets indicates that
> you don't fully support it, which was a surprise to me. In that case, I am
> not interested.
>
> Are the installation instructions in the Reference Manual out of date (as
> they appear to me), or should I try to follow them?

they are out of date.  the relevant macros do not appear on y&y tex
distribution discs, i believe, but they can be had (for example) from
http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/psnfssx/mathtime

you also need the .tfm and .pfb files from the distribution of the
mathtime plus fonts.

you don't say which tex system you're using, so i can't be definite.  it
may be that your system already has the macros, etc., for the mathtime
fonts as an installable package.  otherwise, please look at

http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=instpackages+wherefiles

for guidance about installing.

> I have run wk2fonts.exe, which apparently substituted some fonts on my
> Windows XP, so that my Windows applications using text editors use these new
> fonts. They are very crude and hard to read on the screen. Please HELP! How
> can I get rid of those fonts and restore my old fonts, which are not so hard
> on the eyes? Is there an UNINSTALL utility somewhere on your CD? I just wish
> to get rid of those fonts and forget the whole nightmare! Please, help me!

don't know about this, i'm afraid.