Converting to pdf - dimensions change

Mimi Burbank mimi at csit.fsu.edu
Thu Jan 22 08:41:27 CET 2004

On Jan22 11:25AM, David Ireland wrote:
> Firstly, thank you Frank for the suggestion to use achicago.bst.
>
> I have a question now about saving a dvi file to pdf.  In the latex file the
> document is set at 27 picas x 43 picas. When I save it to pdf, however, the
> pdf pages are 25.75 picas (the height stays at 43 picas).  Is this to be
> expected or did something go wrong?

David,

I've just been informed that the information I gave was
rather incomplete and perhaps misleading.

Evidently, Acrobat *also* shrinks documents designed for your
paper size... evidently because some applications draw right up to the
limit of the page, rather than allowing a margin to allow for
printers' limited printable area...

I'd still turn off the "fit to paper" option though, and see if
that improves things...

mimi