Converting to pdf - dimensions change

Mimi Burbank mimi at csit.fsu.edu
Thu Jan 22 08:10:33 CET 2004

On Jan22 11:25AM, David Ireland wrote:
> Firstly, thank you Frank for the suggestion to use achicago.bst.
>
> I have a question now about saving a dvi file to pdf.  In the latex file the
> document is set at 27 picas x 43 picas. When I save it to pdf, however, the
> pdf pages are 25.75 picas (the height stays at 43 picas).  Is this to be
> expected or did something go wrong?

I'm assuming you mean the "printed output" ...     If so, then
you've got your pdf "reader" set to "shrink to fit" somehow...
i.e.,  here in the USA, when we receive files from Europe which
are set to A4 paper size, our browsers shrink to fit US paper size,
and therefore shrink pretty much without our knowing it.  It happens
quite a bit.   Check your print window and make sure that
you don't have  "Page Scaling" set to "Fit to paper" ...

mimi