turning experience into an FAQ (was: Re: Problems with ...)

Christina Thiele cthiele at ccs.carleton.ca
Tue Jan 20 10:47:42 CET 2004

Radek.Zakrzewski at goodrich.com writes:

> [...]

David, Radek ... would you guys be interested in writing up an FAQ on
this question/problem?!

Consider using the techsupport gang as a testing group, esp. in trying
to narrow down why it is some people's XP machines have given no
problems, while others have; and which ATM is it that's the right one
to use (Lite vs Deluxe).

When someone's solution addresses a vexing problem so neatly, then we
should pay attention and try to get that problem and its solution
described in a useful way for others.

Indeed, if anyone else has a particular problem/solution they've been
involved in, and would like to work on a suitable FAQ, post your
interest here (to make sure there's no duplication) and take it from
there.

You've probably all read the FAQs as they now stand on the website --
and we know they're lagging behind in terms of XP-specific
references. So I think it would be a good addition to start taking the
XP experiences we've seen reported -- and even solved ;-) -- here, and
writing them up.